Have you ever noticed Render-blocking JavaScipt in your Speed test results?
If you haven’t noticed it yet, kindly do a speed test of your site on GTmetrix or Google Page Speed Insights.
Have you seen it? Now, I will show you how to fix it.
By doing this, you can reduce the number of requests and page speed to an extent. You can read the complete guide for WordPress Speed Optimization for better performance of your WordPress site.
Before that, this is a bit technical stuff. If you did something that hurts the site, I’m not responsible for it.
We need W3 Total Cache plugin to do this. So, install W3 Total Cache plugin from WordPress directory. I think, you know, how to install a plugin in WordPress.
For better understanding, I have divided this into three steps so you won’t get confused. I know, you are good enough to understand all these stuff, but I think I should not make any confusion to anyone reading this.
This is the process of enabling Minify in W3 Total Cache plugin. This can be done after activating the plugin.
- Install the Plugin-W3 Total Cache
- Move the mouse pointer to Performance » Click on General Settings
- Enable Minify
- Select Manual in Minify mode
- Click on Save Settings & Purge Caches
This has to be done in W3 Total Cache Minify Settings. This helps in reducing requests and to increase loading speed.
- Performance » Minify
- Enable JS minify settings
- Change Embed type from Default (blocking) to Non-blocking using “async” in Before. Leave <body> and </body as default.
- By default, the Embed Location will be Embed in <head> and you should change it into Embed before </body>
- Enable CSS minify settings
- Now, copy and paste the CSS URLs that you want to minify
- Save Settings & Purge Caches
Would like to know if it helped you to reduce the number of requests. Would you mind sharing your thoughts in comments? Thank you